Synthesis and alkylation of 6-(1H-benzimidazol-2-yl)-5-methylthieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-4(3H)-ones
Keywords:thiophene, pyrimidine, imidazole, alkylation
The one-step method for preparation of 6-(1H-benzimidazol-2-yl)-5-methylthieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-4(3H)-ones by interaction of 5-methyl-4-oxo-3,4-dihydrothieno[2,3-d]pyrimidine-6-carboxylic acid with ortho-pnenylediamines using 1,1’-carbonyldiimidazole as a coupling-reagent has been developed. The procedure proposed allows to obtain easily the target products using common reagents and solvents; and it also requires the simple isolation methods. The selectivity of 6-(1H-benzimidazol-2-yl)-5-methylthieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-4(3H)-one interaction with benzyl chlorides in DMF – K2CO3 conditions has been studied using the NOESY spectroscopic method and alternative synthetic approaches; it has been determined that the reaction occurs at position 3 of the thieno[2,3-d] pyrimidine system. The study of the antimicrobial activity by the agar diffusion method for the compounds obtained has shown that 6-(1H-benzimidazol-2-yl)-3-benzyl-5-methylthieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-4(3H)-ones reveal the antimicrobial activity against the strains of Escherichia coli, Proteus vulgaris, Pseudomonas aeruginosa; while the compound with unsubstituted position 3 appeared to be inactive against these strains of microorganisms. However, this compound exhibited the higher inhibitory activity against the Candida albicans fungi.
- Пат. DE2411273 (1975). Заявл.: 06.03.1974. Опубл.: 18.09.1975. Chem. abs. vol. 83, №206324. [Электронный ресурс] Режим доступа http:// worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?CC=DE&NR=2411273A1&KC=A1&FT=D&ND=3&date=19750918&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP.
- Пат. US2013/123231 (2013). Заявл.: 09.11.2012. Опубл.: 16.05.2013. [Электронный ресурс] Режим доступа http://worldwide.espacenet.com/ publicationDetails/originalDocument?CC=US&NR=2013123231A1&KC=A1&FT=D&ND=3&date=20130516&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP.
- Пат. US 2007208040 (2007). Заявл.: 02.03.2007. Опубл.: 06.09.2007. [Электронный ресурс] Режим доступа http://worldwide.espacenet.com/ publicationDetails/originalDocument?CC=US&NR=2007208040A1&KC=A1&FT=D&ND=3&date=20070906&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP.
- Lu J., Yang B., Bai Y. Synth. Commun., 2002, Vol. 32, No.24, pp.3703-3710.
- Lim C. J., Kim N., Lee E. K. et al. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2011, Vol. 21, No.8, pp.2309-2312.
- Sluka J., Danek J., Bedrnik P., Budesinsky Z. Collect. Czech. Chem.Commun., 1981,. Vol. 46, No.11, pp.2703-2708.
- Lee I.-S. H., Jeoung E. H., Kreevoy M. M. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1997, Vol. 119, No.11, pp.2722-2728.
- Pareek S., Vyas S., Seth G., Vyas P. C. Heteroact. Chem., 2008, Vol. 19, No.2, pp.154-157.
- Grinev A. N., Kaplina N. V. Chem. of Heterocycl. Compnd., 1985, Vol. 21, No.7, pp.767-770.
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute. Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing; Twenty-Second Informational Supplement. Document M100-S22, 2012, Vol. 32, No.3, CLSI, Wayne, PA, January.
- American Society for Microbiology, Coyle M.B. Manual of Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing. American Society for Microbiology: Washington; 2005, p.236.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 National University of Pharmacy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors publishing their works in the Journal of Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry agree with the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right of the first publication of the work under Creative Commons Attribution License allowing everyone to distribute and re-use the published material if proper citation of the original publication is given.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book) providing proper citation of the original publication.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on authors’ personal websites) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).