The synthesis of N-[4-methyl(41-chlorophenyl)-2-R-phenylіmіnothіazol-3-yl]-morpholine derivatives by Hantzsch reaction
Keywords:2-R-phenyliminothiazole derivatives, synthesis, Hantzsch reaction, physical and chemical properties
AbstractContinuing the search for biologically active substances among 2-R-phenylіmіnothіazole derivatives a new series of N-[4-methyl(41-chlorophenyl)-2-R-phenylіmіnothіazol-3-yl]-morpholine derivatives has been synthesized by Hantzsch reaction. Hydrochlorides of N-[4-methyl-2-R-phenylіmіnothіazol-3-yl]-morpholine 3 and hydrobromides of N-[4-(41-chlorophenyl)-2-R-phenylіmіnothіazol-3-yl]-morpholine 5 were obtained by boiling the equimolar amounts of asymmetric thioureas 1 with α-chloroacetone 2 and α-bromo-4-chloroacetophenone 4, respectively, in the ethanol medium. N-[4-(41-Chlorophenyl)-2-R-phenylіmіnothіazol-3-yl]-morpholine 6 were obtained by neutralizing compounds 5 using 10% NH4OH solution. Satisfactory yields of compounds 3, 5, 6 were obtained within 1-3 hours. N-[4-methyl(41-chlorophenyl)-2-R-phenylіmіnothіazol-3-yl]-morpholine derivatives 3, 5, 6 were crystallized from organic solvents and obtained with the yields of 74-87%. The structures and purity of 3, 5, 6 have been confirmed by elemental analysis, 1H NMR-spectra and chromato-mass spectroscopy. As a result of Hantzsch reaction formation of two isomeric structures is possible. Therefore, to determine a true structure of the compounds obtained NMR spectroscopy with its special techniques was used. The studies have been conducted on the example of the reaction product 6i, and it has been proven that this structure is exactly N-[4-(41chlorophenyl)-2-(4’-chlorophenylimino)thiazol-3-yl]-morpholine 6i. Based on the research results of the structure of the compounds synthesized a possible mechanism of the reaction studied has been proposed.
- Vovk M. V. Vіsn. NAN Ukraini, 2015, No.3, рр.38-43.
- Demchenko S. A., Jadlovs’kij O. Ye., Bobkova L. S., Buhtіarova T. A. Farm. zhurn. – Pharm. journal, 2012, No.3, pp.49-54.
- Chupahin O. N., Sidorova L. P., Perova N. M., Rusinov V. L., Makarov V. A., Logvinova Ju. S., Vasil’eva T. M. Patent 2456284 Rossijskaja Federacija, MPK C 07 D 417/12 A 61 K 31/549 A 61 K 31/5377 A 61 K 31/427 A 61 P 7/02, 2012, Bjul. No.20.
- El-Wahaba H. A., El-Fattahb M. A., El-Khalikc N. A., Nassara H.S., Abdelall M. M. Progress in Organic Coatings, 2014, Vol. 77, Is. 9, pp.1506-1511.
- Mohort M. A., Pupisheva O. V. Dosiagnennja bіologіi ta medicini — The achievements of biology and medicine, 2011, No.2(18), pp.7-10.
- Yeromina H. O., Drapak I. V., Perekhoda L. O., Yaremenko V. D., Demchenko A. M. Der Pharma Chemica, 2016, Vol. 8, Is. 3, pp.64-70.
- Demchenko A. M., Yanchenko V. A., Kisly V. V., Lozinskii M. S. Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, 2005, Vol. 41, No.5, pp.668-672.
- Chidan K., Chong K., SiauHui M., TzeShyang C., Wan-Sin L., ChingKheng Q. Molecules, 2015, Vol. 20, Is. 10, pp.18827-18846.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 National University of Pharmacy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors publishing their works in the Journal of Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry agree with the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right of the first publication of the work under Creative Commons Attribution License allowing everyone to distribute and re-use the published material if proper citation of the original publication is given.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book) providing proper citation of the original publication.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on authors’ personal websites) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).