The study of the three-component interaction between isatin, α-amino acids and N,N’-di(3-carboxypropenoyl)-1,2-ethylenediamine and determination of the structure of the compounds obtained
Keywords:bis-spirocyclic systems, 2-oxindole, multi-component reactions, counter synthesis
Aim. To develop the preparative methods for obtaining new series of biologically active substances by the three-component interaction between isatin, α-amino acids and N,N’-di(3-carboxypropenoyl)-1,2-ethylenediamine and determine the structure of the compounds obtained.
Results and discussion. Using the three-component cascade transformation of isatin with α-amino acids and N,N’-di(3-carboxypropenoyl)-1,2-ethylenediamine a series of new derivatives of ethylene-N,N’-bis(spiroindole- 3,3’-pyrrolo[3,4-c]pyrrole-2a’,5a’-dihydro-2,2’,6’(1H,1’H,5’H)-trione) was synthesized. It was found that as a result of N,N’-di(3-carboxypropenoyl)-1,2-ethylenediamine cyclization in the course of the reaction the derivatives of N,N’-ethan-1,2-diyl-bis-spiro-2-oxidol[3,2’]-3’H,4’H,5’H-pyrrolo-4’-carboxy-3’-carboxamide were not formed. Instead of the expected hypothetical structures the derivatives of ethylene-N,N’-bis(spiroindole-3,3’-pyrrolo[3,4- c]pyrrole-2a’,5a’-dihydro-2,2’,6’(1H,1’H,5’H)-trione) were selected. The structure of the compounds synthesized was reliably proven by the instrumental methods (1H NMR, IR-spectroscopy), as well as counter synthesis.
Experimental part. The synthesis of compounds was performed using the three-component condensation in the alcoholic-aqueous medium and instrumental methods for determining the structure of organic compounds.
Conclusions. The reaction of the three-component interaction between isatin, α-amino acids and N,N’- di(3-carboxypropenoyl)-1,2-ethylenediamine has been studied. It has been proven that the preparatory method for the three-component cascade transformation of isatin with α-amino acids and ethylenebismaleinimide is an effective method for the synthesis of ethylene-N,N’-bis(spiroindole-3,3’-pyrrolo[3,4-c]pyrrole-2a’,5a’-dihydro-2,2’,6’(1H,1’H,5’H)-triones). The structure of the compounds obtained has been proven.
- Ball–Jones, N. R., Badillo, J. J., Franz, A. K. (2012). Strategies for the enantioselective synthesis of spirooxindoles. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry,
- (27), 5165. doi: 10.1039/c2ob25184a
- Palyulin, V. A., Osolodkin, D. I., Zefirov, N. S. (2010). Virtual Screening Workflow for Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3β Inhibitors: Convergence of
- Ligand–based and Structurebased Approaches. 6th German Conference on Chemoinformatics. Abstract Book, 73.
- Zefirova, О. N., Zefirov, N. S. (2000). Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta, 2, 103–108.
- Shvetc, A. A., Kurbatov, S. V. (2012). Khimiia geterotcyklicheskikh soedinenii, 5, 859–866.
- Levina, R. M. (1961). Metody polucheniia khimicheskikh reaktivov i preparatov. Moscow, 85.
- Searl, N. E. (1948). Synthesis of N–aryl–maleimides. United States Patent. № 2,444,536; declared 06.07.1948.
- Pavlovska, T. L., Redkin, R. G., Lipson, V. V., Atamanuk, D. V. (2015). Molecular diversity of spirooxindoles. Synthesis and biological activity. Molecular
- Diversity, 20 (1), 299–344. doi: 10.1007/s11030–015–9629–8
- Suymka, Y. I., Red’kin, R. G., Shemchuk, L. A., Hlebova, K. V., Filimonova, N. I. (2017). Synthesis and the antimicrobial activity of hexamethylene–
- Nmaleinimidospiroindole– 3,3’–pyrrolo[3,4–c]pyrrole derivatives. Žurnal Organìčnoï Ta Farmacevtičnoï Hìmìï, 15 (4(60)), 56–62. doi: 10.24959/
- Redkin, R. G., Syumka, E. I., Shemchuk, L. A., Chernykh, V. P. (2017). Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of Bis–Derivatives of 3a’,6a’Dihydro–2’H–
- Spiro[Indole–3,1’–Pyrrolo[3,4–c]Pyrrole]–2,4’,6’(1H,3’H,5’H)–Trione. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 7 (06), 069–078. doi: 10.7324/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 National University of Pharmacy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors publishing their works in the Journal of Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry agree with the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right of the first publication of the work under Creative Commons Attribution License allowing everyone to distribute and re-use the published material if proper citation of the original publication is given.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book) providing proper citation of the original publication.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on authors’ personal websites) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).